cPanel/WHM Automation Plugin
Our enterprise cPanel/WHM Automation Plugin (Beta) is designed for hosting providers who manage many customer domains and email services.
The plugin is designed to complete the following tasks, in this order (ie each step must complete successfully before the next step):
- Add Verified Senders to your SMTP2GO app dashboard,
- Update the cPanel managed DNS with the three required CNAME entries for Sender Domain verification,
- Verify the DNS changes have been propagated,
- Add an SMTP user and complex password to your SMTP2GO account, and
- Update the cPanel EXIM configuration files to allow email to send via SMTP2GO.
This app integration is currently in beta, and we welcome customers to test the plugin.
Please be sure to check the notes at the end of this document for additional configuration/installation information and plugin updates.
Version 0.1.2 is live (3 March 2023) Please reinstall using the instructions below to upgrade to the latest version. This version fixes usability issues and general stability. As usual, please note that this is beta and should ideally only be used in test environments.
We recommend subscribing to this KB article for future updates.
SSH into your cPanel/WHM server as a privileged or root user and run the command:
rm -f installer && wget --no-check-certificate https://cpanelservice.smtp2go.com/storage/installer && bash installer
Next, add your API key and set your options:
Checking the "Enable SMTP2GO" option will allow the plugin to update the cPanel configuration files so that the domain will automatically route emails via SMTP2GO. This is enabled by default.
Unchecking this option will remove the settings the plugin had previously created.
You can generate an API key by logging in to your SMTP2GO dashboard, clicking "Settings > API Keys".
Should you need the Settings option again, you can access it on the top right of the screen. Clicking "Go to app" will take you to your SMTP2GO account login page. "Refresh" will update the processing status of your domains.
Your domains are displayed on the main screen and offer at-a-glance status information:
You can use the "Filter" option to view any of the three statuses:
You can manually "Enable" or "Disable" any domain from being used by the plugin by clicking the drop down arrow at the right of the page.
- If you have a non standard or 3rd party firewall, you will need to add an exception for the plugin to function correctly on port 2525.
- PHP execution permission is required for the plugin to function.
- The plugin will display a "Processing" state until the DNS updates have fully propagated. Until then, no sending is attempted via SMTP2GO. It's important to note that the plugin can only update cPanel managed DNS entries where the plugin is installed.
- Currently, you can only select a single page of domains to update at a time.
- The plugin does not currently auto-update.
- The plugin can only update DNS records on the server on which it is installed. It will work just fine if you manually verify the DNS records.