How to Find Full Email Headers
In order to thoroughly investigate an issue, the support team may request original headers of the email(s) in question.
Please note that the process of retrieving full email headers will vary slightly from mail program to mail program:
- Open your mail program (or log into the inbox provided by your webmail service).
- Open (or right-click) the email in question.
- Depending on the email program:
- AOL: From the "Action" menu, select "View Message Source"
- Apple Mail: Select "View", click "Message", and then select "All Headers"
- Excite: Select "View Full Headers"
- Gmail: Click "More (Three Dots at the Top-Right Corner of the Message)” and select "Show Original"
- Hotmail: Tap "View Message Source"
- Mozilla: Select "View" and click "Message Source"
- Opera: From the email body, right-click and select "View All Headers and Message"
- Outlook: Select "File" and click on "Properties"
- Outlook Express: Click "Properties" and select the "Details” tab
- Yahoo: Tap "More" and Click "View Raw Message"
- Copy and paste the content into your response to the support team. The original headers will look something like this:
Received: from [188.8.131.52] (helo=example)
by smtpcorp.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.92-S2G)
for email@example.com; Thu, 14 Nov 2019 15:50:26 +0000
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===============8860819476117657126=="
Subject: Activate your SMTP2GO account
Received: from [184.108.40.206] (helo=example)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 15:50:26 +0000