Whitelisting our IP Addresses with Office 365
To ensure that emails delivered from SMTP2GO to Office 365 are not incorrectly labelled as spam, it is a good idea to add our IP Address Ranges to the Allowed List in the Connection Filtering Policy within the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center (EAC).
This process is slightly different to other whitelisting as Office 365 limits the size of CIDR ranges to the /24 range and over. This article lists our IP addresses in ranges supported by the Office 365 administrator settings interface.
The main benefit of whitelisting is that your email will automatically bypassing unnecessary spam filters as you have sent the emails.
To add SMTP2GO IP addresses to the Office 365 "IP Allow List":
- Sign into Office 365 and click "Admin", then "Admin Centers", followed by "Exchange"
- Under the "Protection" list, choose "Connection Filter"
- Click the "Edit" button which looks like a pencil
- Choose "Connection Filtering" on the left side menu
- Click the plus "+" symbol and add an IP range from the list below and click "OK"
- Repeat step 5 until the IP ranges below have been entered
- Check the "Enable Safe List" checkbox
- Finally, click "Save"
Extra information on this process including a video demonstrating the steps required can be found in the Microsoft Technet Library.